The Instant Details pop-up displays more information about the word, link, or place currently magnified (selected). To learn more about the Instant Details, read this topic in the Mac Help.
A long tap on a word or reference, or a short tap on a link in a Tool opens the Instant Details pop-up. Information displayed in the Instant Details depends on the selection and whether the resource is a Text or a Tool.
- You can choose to Search for or Amplify the selected word. For Key number Texts, two options are available: Word and Key Number.
- Searching for the Word finds all instances in the Text.
- Amplifying for the Word finds its definition in the default Dictionary.
- Searching for the Key Number finds all instances of the Key Number in the Text.
- Amplifying to the Key Number finds that number in the default original language resource.
- When searching or amplifying tagged original texts you must first choose whether to search for the Inflected Form, Lemma, or Root.
- You can scroll through the contents to view any hidden information.
- Click the Expansion icon () to view additional details in the default dictionary or lexicon.
- To close the Instant Details, tap anywhere outside the pop-up.
Instant Details for Texts without Key Numbers
Instant Details for Texts with Key Numbers
For Texts with Key Numbers (such as the ESVi and KJVS) the Instant Details display:
- The selected word
- The Key number (such as Strong's)
- The dictionary form of the word in the original language
- Search and Amplify options.
- Tap Search to search for the Word or Key Number in the text.
- Tap Amplify to search for Word (in the default English Tool), Key Number (in the default original language dictionary) or Lexeme (in the default lexicon).
- If a grammatically tagged text is installed, the inflected form, parsing, gloss and syntax described below also appear.
- The entry for that Key number from the related dictionary.
Instant Details for Grammatically Tagged Texts
For Grammatically Tagged Texts such as the Hebrew Bible and Greek New Testament, the Instant Details display:
- the word as it appears in the Text (inflected form)
- the dictionary form (lemma or lexical)
- the root where applicable (in parentheses)
- the part of speech and full parsing of the word, such as Noun masc plur gen
- an English gloss which is a basic definition
- the entry for that word in the default lexicon for that language (that has that word).
Words with No Tagging
The Instant Details displays the Search and Amplify options.
- Tap Search to find all instances of the selected word in the Text.
- Tap Amplify to find its definition in the default Dictionary.
Bible Verse Reference in a Tool
- The Instant Details displays the text of the default Bible selected in the Hypertext area of the Tool Display settings.
- Tap the Go link in the Instant details to open the selected reference in the default Bible.
Internal Link in a Tool
The information in the link. Tap Go to go to the linked information.
Note: A link from a tool to another module amplifies to that module.
Some graphics may differ from your App. Functionality described is the same.
Report an error in the Help.