Page 2 of 5
New in Accordance Mobile, Version 2
Support for syncing and viewing Papers.
- Page turning now applies to the secondary pane.
Interlinear source text can be selected in the Preference Settings.
New preference settings specify the default amplify tool.
- Audio Player improvements:
Audio can be played in the background, with current track, tool name, and controls on the control center and lock screen.
Rewind and fast-forward audio control buttons added.
- Active Highlighting: Active Highlighting automatically applies a highlight as text is selected.
- A new Active Highlighting button () has been added to the top toolbar controls in the Main View toolbar.
- Turn Active Highlighting on by tapping the Active Highlighting button. A blue border circles the button when it is on ().
- Press and hold the Active Highlighting button to display a menu of recently used highlight styles. This lets you change the highlight style before you begin highlighting.
- When Active Highlighting is on, pressing the action menu opens the Highlight palette.
- Dynamic Interlinear Display: View any Grammatically Tagged Greek or Hebrew text in an interlinear format, or any Key Number text in a reverse interlinear format.
- Image Enhancements
- You can now cycle through images in a Tool without leaving Picture View by swiping left or right.
- Image captions are available when displaying full screen image.
- Images can be copied or shared by tapping and holding an image in a Tool module. This Action menu appears when you tap and hold a thumbnail or full screen image.
- You can now adjust the size of thumbnail images displayed in Tools. This setting is available in both Tool module Quick Settings and Accordance Settings.
- iOS 9 support including:
- Spotlight searches for Topics and Bible verses on compatible devices. A new Accordance item has been added to the Accordance Settings on your device.
- iPad only: Work with Split View and Slide Over support on compatible devices.
- Manually change vertical or horizontal display of the additional pane (iPad only).
- When a secondary pane is unlinked, your location is saved in the secondary pane when you return to Accordance. This way you can begin reading where you left off.
- New Tools Display Settings: You can change the color of page numbers in Tools (Day Mode). The default page number color is gray in Night Mode.
- A new Store icon () on the bottom Library bar replaces the "Store" item that appeared at the top of the Library. A "badge" is displayed () when a new featured item is available in the store. Tapping the Store icon when a badge is displayed opens the store and displays the featured item.
- You can now view pictures in new User Notes, with more effective display of scripture/text, web, and resource links. You cannot yet add pictures or links to User Notes from Accordance Mobile.
- Resources listed via Easy Install are sorted alphabetically by the full module name instead of the abbreviation.
- An alphabet grid has been added to Easy Install for quick navigation to modules beginning with the selected letter.
- Internal Web Browser Support: Tools requiring a web browser now launch internally within Accordance instead of exiting to Safari.
- Multimedia Enhancements: Tools featuring spoken audio are now supported by Accordance Mobile.
- Support for 64-bit devices.
- User Notes Enhancements
- Ability to format the content of user notes, including font, font size, color, bold, italic, and underline.
- The Action menu provides access to Copy, Share, Define, Search and Edit items when viewing User Notes in an additional Pane or Notes View. If editing a User Notes, the Action menu provides text editing options as well.
- Updated the Devotional View Action menu to include Highlight, Clear, Search, Amplify, Define, and Bookmark.
- Updated Settings for Tools to allow a combination of formatting options: Plain, Bold, Italicized, and Underline.
- Added Background Color setting for User Notes Display settings.
- More Search Items remains open (iPhone only): If you selected one of the "More" search options for the last search, the "More" options remain accessible for your next search.
- Bug fixes.
- Updated Help files.
Enhanced Text Selection: You can now select any amount of text (one word or more), for highlighting, searches, and more
- Log in Verification: After logging in to your Accordance account, a verification screen appears confirming successful access to your account
Highlights/Symbols Enhancements: A new chooser lets you select the desired highlight or highlight symbol to apply to a selection; new Highlights File chooser for selecting the desired Highlight file
Audio in Relevant Modules: For those modules that include audio, a new control bar is now available for listening to sound
- Display Enhancements: Various enhancements to the display, including new Color and Font settings for Text, and selection of a background color for the Pane Display settings; added Hyperlink style for Tool Display settings; updates to design including additions for iPhone® 6 Plus
- Enhancements to Easy Install and Update screens: Includes ability to search for and download items and addition of a Download All button () for downloading all available items without having to select them
Social Sharing: Share selections in a Text or Tool with others
Quick Definitions: Get definitions of words using the system dictionary of your device
Link/Unlink Additional Panes: A new button appears in the Additional pane to Unlink and Link content. Click the Linked button () to unlink the panes; click the Unlinked button () to link the panes; when panes are unlinked, you can navigate in each pane separately
- Night Display Enhancements: Non-color-related settings for individual modules are now displayed in Night mode; improved display of highlighted text
Changes in Terminology
- Accordance for iOS is now referred to as Accordance Mobile
- The "Argument Entry box" is now referred to as the "Search Entry box"
- The "GoTo" button is now referred to as the "TOC" button (for table of contents)
- The Verse Chooser item in the options has been replaced by the term "TOC Style;" functionality is the same
- Ability to add a bookmark to Texts and Tools
- Updates to the content, look and feel of the Help pages
- The Action menu is now always displayed separate from the Instant Details
- The Search item has been moved from the Action menu to the Instant Details display
- The Amplify item has been moved from the Action menu to the Instant Details display, except for when selecting one or more verses
- You can now add Accordance Mobile to the Today List on your device
Page 2 of 5
Some graphics may differ from your App. Functionality described is the same.
Report an error in the Help.